Solisa Spray Tanning Services!
Spray tans are applied by Joanne who is a certified master sprayer and does custom colouring and body contouring
At Solisa Tanning we use only the highest grade and highest quality spray tan solutions and spray tan equipment to ensure that you recieve a even and consistent golden spray tan.
Preparing for Spray Tanning
Preparing before your spray tan is crucial. What you do can mean a difference between a good and a bad spray tan.
1. Exfoliate before you go for a spray tan.
The spray tanning solution affects only the dead skin cells. Your skin has a build up of dead skin cells on top of it. The thicker the layer, the sooner it will rub off. If you exfoliate, the layer will be very shallow, and it will take a while for it to “build up”. Your tan will last longer. It is important to use either exfoliating glove or products that don’t contain any oils, otherwise the oily barrier can stop the spray tanning solution getting through.
2. Don’t wear any deodorant, moisturizer or makeup before your spray tan.
Many deodorants will stop spray tanning solution going through. Some others will turn the armpits green.
Moisturizers and makeup products can act as a barrier, not letting the full amount of the solution to attach itself to the skin. As soon as you’ve had your spray tan you can apply deodorant and make up.
3. Wear loose clothing after your tanning session.
Although you dry out in front of a fan, the tan needs to “set”, and the process will take about an hour. It is best to bring clothes and shoes as loose as possible to wear after your spray tanning session, to make sure nothing rubs off.
4. Wax or shave your legs before spray tan.
If you need to shave or wax your legs do it definitely before and make sure that you wash your legs after waxing to remove any wax residue. If you shave your legs after spray on tan, you will take off some of your tan with the hair.
If you will be sprayed with the solution containing bronzer it is best to shave or wax one or two days before, as the bronzer gets into the newly created pores and can give you “spotty” look. If the solution is clear that is unlikely to happen.
Maintaining Your Spray Tan
1. After the sunless spray tanning mist and the solution application session; it takes about 6 to 8 hours for the tan look process to fully develop. Clients may shower after this time using a gentle soap. Sunless tanning solutions normally do not have sunscreen. Follow sun safety and your specific sunscreen product when outdoors after achieving your tan look. Sun rays are stronger from 10:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m.
2. During the next 24 hours a more golden color appears thanks to the erythrulose and the sunless spray tan should last 7 to 14 days. keeping the skin moist with a great moisturizer after each shower will ensure the tan effects to last longer. Our skin naturally will gently exfoliate each day just as it does after regular sun tanning. Keeping your skin moist and supple is the key for a longer lasting tan.
3. Avoid doing dishes or activities with water that may interfere with the setting (or curing)time